November 7, 2016

Snippets

I skipped last Friday's blog. Sorry it was an oversight on the calendar and it took me long enough to miss the time to write a post about Halloween with the neighbors. I included some pictures of Halloween including some projects I've been working on the house.

About Halloween.......I forgot how much of a big deal it is for kids. My neighbor was so into it she invited me to pass out candy in some optimal kind of fashion. I mean it was for three houses including mine, we basically told the kids that my handful of candy and the other neighbor's were given all at once, so we wouldn't have the option to open our doors every time a trick or treater came by. Hilarious! But clever. Did I mention the amount of kids/teenagers that came out for candy. At a moment we experienced a high school's population of teenagers swarm in the street. I thought it was a rally but no. With 12 super size bags of candy, we were out before 9pm. Incredible.

Going on to the weekend I managed to put up a few curtains around the house. In all honesty I don't have a theme but I did want to incorporate color. I'm not done yet but I intend to have at least an idea for every square inch. And that may take up a a year or two considering budget. I'm practicing on frugal meals by using what I already have in the house. It's funny because now I understand how much of a time saver it is to order out or eat elsewhere. It took me nearly 3 hours to make a meal, and that included the cleaning.










No comments:

Post a Comment