December 28, 2016

Best Products of 2016

I love it when beauty gurus talk about their best of 2016 products. There are a few on my counter I cannot live without, and of course I wouldn't share them with you if they weren't so great. So far these are my top 6 items you cannot resist to try.


AHAVA
Starting off with moisturizing lotion this is one great discovery I came across on accident. This is the cutest bottle sample I have and it's amazing. The product itself is light which is great in contrast to heavy thick creams you tend to work for when lathering on your hands. This is great for long lasting moisture and I highly recommend it.


MICELLAR CLEANSING WATER

 Now this is one thing I've had for about a year now. I don't use it much only when I really need to. Let's be real and admit that I'm not so great at taking off my makeup at night, but when I do this has always had my back. It is a water based formula that removes makeup, cleans your face and refreshes every bit where you apply it. It's plain refreshing, non scented, but a great staple to have on the counter. Now there are two kinds of this, there is the oil base formula that is in the green or blue cap and this one above with the pink cap is water base. I have the pink because as shallow as I am thinking they both were the same, I thought the the pink bottle looked a lot cutter than blue. But go for what you need.


MITCHUM
I've been using Mitchum deodorant for a year now and so far I can say that it will be the only deodorant I will use for a lifetime. If you love smelling like perfume this is something you will love. It's light scent is subtle and aromatic making you smell fresh and feel light for TWO DAYS! And YES I will capitalize to validate that it sure does last for 48 HOURS. Unlike some others that are heavy and dewy, this is a lot more lighter in fragrance and consistency. I recommend you use it everyday because as soon as you realize it's past 3 days without Mitchum, you'll know when it's time to use him.


JERGENS NATURAL GLOW
If you're not like me that loves looking slightly more tan in the winter don't read this part. This a subby when you can't tan from 10 to 2 (in the cold). I mean it. I LOVE the tan look! And Jergens natural glow is great because it won't tan you dramatically unless if you use it everyday. It's just a light glow when you feel like JLo. For faster results I recommend you use it everyday. However for a slight color use it twice a week. The consistency is mid thick to thin which you will need to lather on with some work. Not to mention the smell is nice. The scent is so great not like most tan lotions smelling like coco butter. It smells shower fresh which doesn't even last too long which is nice when you plan to use perfume, so you're not adding scented layers on, completely worry free. There is SPF in it which is great for skin protection.


RODAN+FIELDS
This is a new discovery I have been using since the summer. This product is best known for skin care. It's a daily cleansing face mask that is recommended for use twice a day. There's a whole other paradigm that comes behind it. This particular formula is modified for different types of skin like dryness, oiliness, acne etc. After using this for a few months I notice my face doesn't feel as tight nor dry. Given that it corrected the lack of whatever I have on my face I can depend on it for long lasting moisture. I'm absolutely loving it because it's a regimen that comes with face lotion, serum, and toner.


COCONUT OIL
Its obvious that I do have a dry dilemma. My friend introduce a hack about coconut oil being used for just about anything for good intentions. For most it is versatile. Lately I use coconut oil to remove my makeup, and a subby for body lotion. I used it as a scalp and hair mask overnight and OMG. Don't do it if you don't have a proper hair mask or is it called a hair bag? I used a plastic bag, next morning it was out of my head and my pillow case turned magenta from pink. But my hair turned out to be so soft. It is deeply moisturizing and fun to have because it's known to be used for anything. It's great for your face, body, hair, also to cook with. It's a great lifesaver, and very healthy.

So there you have it, my besties for 2016! I hope you enjoyed it, and surely enough there will be more fun things for the next fabulous year.

No comments:

Post a Comment